In order to give your more convenient for accessing your all emails account at a single place, Outlook offers multiple mailboxes; so you can access your other emails apart from Outlook can also get in the same inbox. This enables an Outlook user to get access to Yahoo mail account emails in your inbox, without signing in to your Yahoo account.
This feature is to ease your life, yet some users want to discontinue this feature as they realize that they don’t want to get continue with the same Yahoo account or they have closed their account. Or, in the case; you want to keep the account separated; you need to kick Yahoo out from your Outlook inbox.
You can remove your associated Yahoo Mail account from your Outlook inbox. This is easy; once you sign in to your Outlook account. You can follow this step by step guide to get your Yahoo Mail account removed from Outlook.
How to Remove Yahoo Mail Account from Outlook:
- First, you need to sign in to your Outlook on the web using the sign in credits
- From the Outlook navigation bar, you need to select Settings option here
- Here, from your app settings, click on Mail option
- Now, in the left pane, just click on Mail and under Accounts option, click on Connected accounts, this will display your connected Yahoo account too
- Here, you need to choose the Yahoo account, which you wish to remove, and then click on Remove button
- Also, click on Yes to confirm that you want to stop connecting to your Yahoo account
- Once you remove the Yahoo account from Outlook on the web, you can delete any email messages of Yahoo account that still appear in Outlook
- That’s all
This will remove the account from your Outlook account. Now, here comes the common question; what will be the status of your existing Yahoo emails after removing your account from Outlook. Well, it will be there until the end, until you delete them manually. You can keep them if you wish to for any future communication.
Here, we have a recommendation for Outlook users, before removing their Yahoo account from Outlook. You should make sure that you have all your emails copied on it. If not, better take a backup from your Outlook or forward those emails to your another account.
For any other help dial Yahoo customer support service phone number and get instant solution.
When an Outlook email account user finds it that some of the emails are missing from inbox or when you don’t find emails in your Inbox and Junk folder too; this is the time to think over it to recover deleted or missing emails. This is a common issue when you are unable to find some emails in your email account which has been delivered to you and not in your Junk folder too. You might be afraid, yet there is some alternative available to fix this issue.
How to find that your emails are missing in Outlook email account
- When all or many of the emails that were in your Inbox folder are missing
- In case, when new emails don’t arrive in your Inbox in Outlook
We have this quick guide for Outlook users who find it difficult to locate their missed and deleted emails. This is a two-step method; you need to follow the steps carefully and get the issue fixed immediately.
How to Recover Deleted or Missing Emails from your Outlook Account
Step 1 – Create a new Outlook profile
- First, exit from your Outlook profile
- Go to the Control Panel, and open the Mail item
- Now, you need to click on Show Profiles
- Here, click on Add button
- Now, you need to type a name for the profile, and then click on OK button
- After that, follow the steps in the Add Account wizard to add your email account with it
- Once you are finished, and now click on Finish button
- Here, you need to make sure that Always use this profile option is selected, and then select your new profile name from the displayed list
- Final step is to click on OK button
Step 2 – Recover email messages by using Recover Deleted Items
- Again from the Outlook, choose the folder to which you want to recover deleted items from your email account
- In case, you want to recover the email messages to your own Inbox, then select the Inbox folder from the given option
- Here, on the Ribbon button, you need to click the Folder tab, and then click on Recover Deleted Items option
- That’s all, your deleted emails will be recovered
Once you are done with the recovery of your missing emails; then you can go for a test mail on your account and get the confirmation with it. If the problem still persists dial MS Outlook customer service support phone number for quick recovery.
Email accounts are essential nowadays because they carry your lots of personal information, data, and it is used to send/receive emails. In the same manner, account security is also important and for that, you have to keep your password strong. Keeping your password secure is quite necessary from prying eyes because hackers leave not a single chance to acquire your account details. Have you ever thought what will you do in case you didn’t remember your Outlook password anymore? Relax, there is an option to reset outlook email password.
Instructions to Reset Outlook Email Password are:
- Initially, you need to visit this official page of Outlook.
- Choose “I forgot my password” choice and then enter Reset your password choice that appears just below I forgot my password.
- Now you need to type in your email address.
- And enter the character which is shown in the picture and hit Next button.
- Here you will see two passwords reset choices: “Email me a reset link” and the second choice is “Send a code to my phone”.
- Choose the first choice if you want to get the password reset link to the alternate email address.
- After that choose to Email me a rest link choice and then enter Next button for receiving password reset link to your alternate email address.
- Now choose the latter option and after that, you have to click Send code button in case you have linked your phone number to your Outlook.com account.
- And when you will choose the second option, you will get Microsoft account password reset code on your phone device.
- Now it’s time to sign in to your alternate email address.
- And clicking on the reset link will directly take you to reset Outlook email password where you need to enter your new password.
- Afterwards, reenter the password for confirming and finally enter Next button.
- You need to enter the password reset code that you have got in the Enter your code box.
- Click Submit button for seeing Reset your password page. You need to enter your new password and also re-enter the Outlook password
- Finally, enter Next button.
Hence you are done and the process of resetting Outlook email password has been completed.
Once you are done with the password reset thing, you will be immediately taken to a page where you have an option of adding or updating your alternate email address, phone number, or security question.
If still facing issues contact Outlook mail customer care service phone number for an instant assistance.
Can’t attach a file in email? Here is a help. Are you following the proper steps to attach the file? At first let’s make sure that you are following the correct process. Cross check from the instructions given below:
Attach a file to Outlook in Windows
- Click the ‘New’ option in your mailbox to compose a new email. Click on ‘Reply’ if you want to reply to a message.
- Select ‘Attach file’ in the ‘include’ option of ‘Message’ ribbon.
- Select the file from its location on the computer and click ‘Insert.’
- You can simply drag the file on the message body for making quick attachment.
If you are following the above process correctly, let’s have a look on the possible reasons why you can’t attach a file in Outlook email with their respective solutions.
Outlook considers attachment file as Suspicious
Outlook considers some file extensions as malware and therefore restricts them as attachment to save users’ systems. For this follow the steps:
- Go to outlook.com and sign up to your account.
- Click on the gear icon (locate it at the top right corner of your inbox.)
- Select ‘More mail settings’ from the drop down.
- Under ‘Writing emails’ option, click ‘Attachments.’
- Select the radio button (small circle) in front of ‘Always send files as attachments.’
- Click ‘Save.’
Try to attach the file after making changes. It will resolve your problem. You can also convert the file to Outlook compatible extension.
Another reason why attachments are considered suspicious is the content inside it. Yes, Outlook (actually all emailing service) scans the content of attached document for spam. If your file contains any spam link or image, remove it and then try again.
File size exceeds Outlook Limit
The default Outlook limit for attachment files is 20MB. So, it is clear that any file exceeding this limit will not be accepted as attachment. Consider dividing the file content to make smaller size files.
Selection Window goes to Background
The file selection window moves to background and the user keep on waiting for it. When one window is open in the background, you will not see anything no matter how many times you hit that ‘Attach file’ button. So, minimize all the tabs to find the selection window.
Still can’t attach files? Talk to experts at Outlook customer service for quick solutions. The number is toll-free and accessible all the times.
It can be difficult at times to find that important mail from your full inbox. Organizing your inbox with the help of folders is a good option so that you never end up in such a situation. MS Outlook offers different tools to manage emails viz. folders, categories and rules. Here we will discuss the first one in details. Keep on reading to learn how to use folders in MS Outlook 2013.
Creating a New Folder In MS Outlook 2013
- Right click on your account name or on the folder under which you want to create a new folder; options will appear; select “New Folder” from them.
- Now a box will appear to name your new folder; type in the name and “Enter.” It is recommended to use a self-explanatory name so that mails can be found easily.
- You have successfully created a new folder in your Outlook account.
If you are using Outlook online; follow these steps in the Outlook Web App.
- Move the cursor over “Folders”, click on the + icon next to it. A box will appear, type the desired name and press “Enter.”
Using a New Folder
Now that you have created a new folder, you need to learn how you can use it or how you can move emails to different folders. Let’s have a look:
The simplest way it to drag and drop the email in the folder you want. You can also go with this alternate method:
- Click on the message you want to move.
- Now go to the Home tab, click on “Move.” You can also use the short cut CTRL+SHIFT+V or right click.
- Now select the folder where you want to move the message. If you can’t find the folder; click the Other Folder option and use it to move mails.
If you are among those users who love the search option and remember the keywords of almost every mail; here are some tips (other than creating folders) to keep your inbox much organized.
- Delete the messages which you don’t require any more. If some messages are old but important; you can use “Archive” feature to move them out of inbox.
- Create sorting rules for emails to organize inbox.
- Report junk mails quickly.
- Unsubscribe newsletter and notifications which are not important.
If you still have problem in using folders in MS Outlook 2013, contact our Outlook Customer Service for solutions.