Settings before Making a Skype Call
Skype offers smooth video and audio calling with individuals and groups. Although the calls can be connected instantly without any pre-settings, here are some things you can set up before a video call.
- Log in to your Skype account
- Go to ‘Tools’ menu and click on ‘Options’
- In the ‘Options’ windows, click on the ‘video settings’ option under the ‘General settings’ heading.
- You will see the integrated web cam on the right side.
- Under the heading ‘Automatically receive videos and share screens with’, choose ‘anyone’ option.
- Under the heading ‘Show that I have video to’, select ‘people in my contact list only’
- Click on ‘Save’ button.
- Click on the video chat icon to have video call with your contacts.
Settings during a Skype Call
You need to make the above settings before setting up the call. Now let’s move on to the settings you can make during the call. While you are on a call, move the mouse in the calling area, you will see the options mentioned below.
Here is the description what each of these symbols do. Follow the alphabetical ordering to see what you can do with these icons.
- Click it to Show/Hide the Recent, Contacts and Facebook tab.
- Click it to see the instant message area. You can send text messages to people on call.
- This option allows you to turn your video ON/OFF. When it has a red striking line, video is off; when not, the video is on.
- You can mute your microphone so that other people can’t hear you. When it is mute, it will have a red line through it. Click it to un-mute.
- Click and select from the options that appear:
- Take a Picture: This option is available in video call. Click it to take a picture of the video feed.
- Send File: Send files to people in the conversation.
- Send Contacts: Send contacts to people in the conversation.
- Show Entire screen: Share your entire screen or just a window. Video stops while sharing screen. Click the camera button once you are done with the screen sharing.
- Add people to this call: Click to see your contact list and select more people to add to the call.
- Click this icon to end the call.
- Check call quality details and adjust speaker’s volume.
- Click for full screen mode or exit full screen mode.
Contact Skype support for further assistance.
Be it at the professional level or personal, Skype is undoubtedly one of the best means of communication. The user-friendly interface and uninterrupted voice and video call features make it popular and unique from other similar application. And, this is the reasons that it is preferred by many organizations for official operations all across the world. However, sometimes, users face difficulties in loading their contacts in Skype account and thus look for solutions. Unable to load contacts can be quite annoying, but it can be solved easily if proper steps are followed to troubleshoot. Below you can find the guide to troubleshoot this issue easily and quickly.
- Firstly, make sure that you have installed the latest version of Skype in your system. Old versions may have some bugs and errors which might prevent you from loading your contacts in Skype account.
- In case, you are using a couple of Skype account, check that you are signing in with correct Skype name. In order to know from which account you are logged in, just check the account by clicking on your profile picture located at the top left corner of your Skype window.
- After signing in to your Skype Account, go to “Contacts” tab located on the top left corner of Skype window. Click on the “Contacts” and then point your mouse cursor on “Hide Contacts Who” options. Uncheck all the options (if any option is checked).
- Now, go back to “Contacts” tab and point mouse cursor on “Contact Lists”. Make sure you have checked “All” option in the menu of “Contact Lists”.
- In case you can’t see your Outlook contacts in your Skype “Contact Lists”, make sure that your Outlook is running. Now, open Skype and go to “Contacts” and check “Show Outlook Contacts”.
- Also, in case you have signed in to your Skype account with a Microsoft id for the first time and you are not able to find your messenger contacts, it is recommended to wait for at least half an hour. This is because it takes some time to synchronize your Skype contact lists with Messenger for the first
While these above tips and tricks should help you able to load contacts in your Skype contacts, but in case if these solutions don’t provide a fruitful result, you can always get in touch with our experts. As a promising third party Skype Customer Support service provider, our team is always there to bring the best possible solution for your Skype related issues. We are available 24/7, so fee free to get in touch with us whenever you want. We can be contacted via our Toll-free number, email and live chat.
Contact us today!
In today’s business world, where Skype plays a crucial role as a mean of communication for in-house, with clients and customers, any technical issue with your Skype account can be quite troublesome. In companies, file sharing through Skype is a very common activity, and facing trouble in that can be very frustrating. If you are also having an issue sharing files through Skype, you can get a solution for it right here. Through this post, you will be guided as for how you can troubleshoot the file sharing issue in your Skype Account within a few steps. So, let’s begin:
Steps to Troubleshoot File Sharing Issue in Skype Account
- Install any pending Windows update and restart your PC.
- Make sure you and the person with whom you are sharing files have the latest version of Skype installed.
- Scan your system for any malicious Software.
- If the problem still persists, quit your Skype or kill it by opening Windows Task Manager and locating exe
- Now, go to “Start” option, and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%. Press enter, a new window will open.
- Locate the Skype folder in the window. Right-click on it and select “Rename” option.
- Name it something Skype_backup or Skype_old.
- Now, again go to Windows Start and in the Start/Run box type %temp%\skype and hit Enter.
- You will find a DbTemp folder, simply delete it.
- Now restart Skype and try sharing file.
- If required, you can get your call and chat history back through the renamed folder Skype_backup or Skype_old.
While this method should enable you to share files, but in case if you still face issue doing so, you can ask Skype customer support to help you with the issue. Sometimes, the problem can be at their end also, so asking them for their assistance can be very helpful. Apart from Skype support, you can also contact us for any Skype related issue. We house a team of experienced professionals who very well comprehend the every “ifs and buts” of Skype and can help bring the best possible solution for your all your problem. Our services can be availed anytime as we are open 24/7.
We always aim to cater our customer with quality solutions and suggestions for such technical issues. We have a long list of satisfied customers who always prefer us for any sort of technical issues that they come across. With us by your side, you will never feel a need to go anywhere else for any sort of technical assistance.
Skype is a leading instant messaging app. It offers amazing messaging platform, file sharing, audio, video and conference calls for free. This is not all; it has more amazing features to offer for business users. We will be discussing one of such feature here i.e. Screen sharing. Screen sharing is a feature that allows business professionals to share their entire desktop screen or a part. This feature provides added support during a video meeting. You can show your colleagues or the other party what you are seeing on your screen for better communication and understanding. The steps to use this Skype feature are really easy; move ahead and follow them:
|Important: Only a presenter can share his/her screen during a Skype business call. So, if the presenter option is not active (grayed out), ask any presenter to give you access as a presenter.
- Sign in to your Skype for Business account.
- Select members for conference call by Ctrl+click on the member name in Contacts.
- Set up the conference call.
- Click the monitor icon at the bottom of the call window.
- Select from the three options (Present Desktop, Present Programs and Present PowerPoint Files.) For instance, if you want to share a PowerPoint presentation with other members, select ‘Present PowerPoint’ option.
- Now click on the screen, program or file you want to share. You can also hide the program you don’t want other people to see.
- The sharing bar at the top will help you in controlling the sharing activities. You can give control to members for editing the document and also take it back once they are done. If any member request to get control for editing, you will be notified at the control sharing bar. You can accept or deny the request.
|Quick Tip: While sharing a desktop, click the Window icon again and select ‘Show stage’ option. This will help you in keeping an eye on what other people are seeing on your desktop. This will also let you know if they are having any trouble in accessing the desktop.
- Click ‘Stop Presenting’ at the top when you are done.
The screen sharing feature is very useful for troubleshooting sector, IT sector, business and many other fields. The possibilities of utilizing this feature are endless. In case you cannot set up this feature and it’s urgently required, contact Skype support service for quick assistance.