Skype is a leading instant messaging app. It offers amazing messaging platform, file sharing, audio, video and conference calls for free. This is not all; it has more amazing features to offer for business users. We will be discussing one of such feature here i.e. Screen sharing. Screen sharing is a feature that allows business professionals to share their entire desktop screen or a part. This feature provides added support during a video meeting. You can show your colleagues or the other party what you are seeing on your screen for better communication and understanding. The steps to use this Skype feature are really easy; move ahead and follow them:
|Important: Only a presenter can share his/her screen during a Skype business call. So, if the presenter option is not active (grayed out), ask any presenter to give you access as a presenter.|
1. Sign in to your Skype for Business account.
2. Select members for conference call by Ctrl+click on the member name in Contacts.
3. Set up the conference call.
4. Click the monitor icon at the bottom of the call window.
5. Select from the three options (Present Desktop, Present Programs and Present PowerPoint Files.) For instance, if you want to share a PowerPoint presentation with other members, select ‘Present PowerPoint’ option.
6. Now click on the screen, program or file you want to share. You can also hide the program you don’t want other people to see.
7. The sharing bar at the top will help you in controlling the sharing activities. You can give control to members for editing the document and also take it back once they are done. If any member request to get control for editing, you will be notified at the control sharing bar. You can accept or deny the request.
Quick Tip: While sharing a desktop, click the Window icon again and select ‘Show stage’ option. This will help you in keeping an eye on what other people are seeing on your desktop. This will also let you know if they are having any trouble in accessing the desktop.
8. Click ‘Stop Presenting’ at the top when you are done.
- The screen sharing feature is very useful for troubleshooting sector, IT sector, business and many other fields. The possibilities of utilizing this feature are endless. In case you cannot set up this feature and it’s urgently required, contact Skype support service for quick assistance.