Facebook is a great platform to share your feeling. Many people love to express their views about trending news, events they went or planning for. However, sometimes people encounter technical issues and are unable to update their status. When this happens, generally a message pops up displaying “There Was a Problem Updating Your Status” or “This Message Could Not Be Posted to This Timeline”. Such errors can be either due to Facebook experiencing network/server issue or it can also be that the problem is on your side. Yes, it can be!
Wondering how to troubleshoot it? Well, you just need to follow the following steps and soon you’ll be able to update your status on Facebook. Here is what you need to do:
Clear Browsing Data
- When you are not able to update your status through another device or application, it is suggested that you clear cookies from your primary browser.
- In Google Chrome, you can clear cookies by going to Settings > Privacy > Clear browsing data. In Clear browsing data, check only “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files” option. Then tap “Clear Data”.
- In Firefox, you can do this by clicking “Firefox” located on the top left, then History > Clear recent history. Check “Cookies” and “Cache” boxes, and then hit “Clear Now”.
- Likewise in Internet Explorer, you can clear cookies and cache by pressing “Alt+X”. This will open the “Tool” option. Select the “Safety” option and click on “Delete browsing history”. Uncheck the option “Preserve Favorites Website Data” and check “Temporary Internet files and website files” and “Cookies and Website data”. And then click “Delete”.
- Now you can try updating your status.
However, in case you are still not able to update your status in Facebook, you can report this problem to Facebook. To report a problem, follow these steps:
- Open Facebook app, tap the icon with three horizontal lines and scroll down to locate “Report a Problem” option.
- A new page will open where you will a see a box with line “What went wrong?”. Write the problem which you facing. You can write like – “I am unable to update my status. I have tried deleting the cookies and cache from my browser but still not able to post an update.”
- You can even attach the screen shot of the error message that gets displayed when you try to update your status.
- After furnishing all the details hit “Submit” button. Facebook support will help resolve your problem.
Apart from contacting Facebook customer care technical support team, you can also ask us to help you with any Facebook account related issues. Our technical partners work 24/7, so you can get in touch with them whenever you need help with your Facebook account. We promise to serve you with the best possible solutions for your Facebook related issue almost instantly. Get in touch with us today!