Outlook allows users to create multiple personalized signatures for your email messages. The signature you create in Outlook can include text, photos, logo, electronic business card, and even image of your handwritten signature.
Also, you can configure your Outlook to automatically add a signature to all outgoing messages, or you can create a signature and add it to email messages as per your requirement. To know how to add a signature in your Outlook account, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Add Signature in Outlook
- Open the Outlook program on your computer and open a new email message.
- Select a Signature > Signature option from the Message
- Under Select signature to edit section, you will need to select New option and enter a suitable name for the signature in the New Signature dialog box.
- Then, under the Edit signature, you will need to compose your signature as per your preference. You can change the fonts, color of fonts, size, text alignment, etc. as per your requirement. Also, you can make use of bullets, borders, tables, or you can use Word to format your text, then simply copy and paste the signature into the Edit Signature
- To add links and images, change fonts and colors, and justify the texts, you can find the potion the mini formatting bar located under the Edit signature
- Also, you can add social media links and icons to your signature.
- Once you are done formatting your signature, you may set the following options for your signature:
- Select an email account to associate with the signature in the E-mail account drop-down box.
- If you wish to have your signature automatically added to all new email messages, you will need to select your signatures in the New messages drop-down box. However, if you do not wish to have your signature automatically added to new email messages, you will need to select (none).
- If you wish to have your signature added to the email messages you reply to and forward, you will need to select one of your signatures in the Replies/forwards drop-down. Otherwise, you can simply accept the default option i.e. “none”.
- After that, you will need to select OK to save your new signature and get back to your message.
NOTE: Outlook will not add your newly created signature to the email message you opened in Step 1, even when you have chosen to apply the signature to all new email messages. You will need to add a signature to this message manually. To add a signature manually, you will need to select Signature from the Message menu and then select the signature you just created.
To Add Image to your Signature
If you wish to add a company logo or an image to add to your signature, you will need to use the following steps:
- In your Outlook program, open a new email message and select Signature > Signatures.
- Next, you will need to select the signature in which you wish to add the image or logo in the Select signature to edit
- Then, you will need to select the Image icon, find your image file, and click on the Insert
- If you wish to resize your image, you will need to right-click the image and select the Picture Then, select the Size tab and use the options to resize your image. In order to keep the proportion of the image, make sure to keep the checkbox next to the Lock aspect ratio selected.
- Once you are done, select OK and then again click OK to save the changes to your signature.
To Add a Signature Manually
If you do not wish to insert a signature for all new email messages or replies and forwards, you can insert it manually for particular messages by following these steps:
- Select the Signature option in your email message on the Message
- Then, you will need to select your signature from the fly-out menu that appears on your screen. In case you have more than one signature, you will need to select any of the signatures you have created in your Outlook account.
And, this is how you can add a signature in your Outlook account. if you are having any issue related to Outlook account so you can call Outlook customer support service number to fix Outlook account.