As Skype is now available across all your devices, you may want to create a group of contacts that you can access for quick messaging and organizing schedules. With Skype, you can easily build and manage contacts. To know how to add people on Skype, follow the information provided below in this guide.
Steps to Add People on Skype
You can begin adding your friends, family, and other acquaintances either by simply saving phone number on Skype or by searching Skype directory. To add contacts using the Search directory, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Skype account and go to the Search
- Once you are logged in to your Skype account, you will need to enter the email or name of the person you wish to add and click on the Search Skype
- Clicking on the Search Skype option will display the contact on your screen. When you see the contact appearing on your screen, you will need to click on the Add to Contact
- Then, you will need to send a message to your contact to ask him to accept your request.
- Once the contact will accept your request, you will be able to communicate with him through Skype.
On the other hand, if you wish to add a contact using the phone number of the person you wish to add, you will need a little Skype Credit (for pay-as-you-go calls and sending SMS) or you will need a subscription before you can place a call to a mobile or landline or to send a text message.
Once you have a Skype Credit or a Subscription, you will need to select Add Contact under the Contacts menu and then Save a Phone Number. You will need to add the name and phone number of the contact and click on the Add number option. The contact will begin appearing in your contact list. After that, you will be able to call the contact, conduct a video call, or add them to a group.
Managing your Contacts
After you are done adding the contacts to your Skype account, you can easily organize them into lists and groups to help organize your chats. You can add the people you mostly talk to under the Favorites section. This way they will be shown at the top of the Contacts tab. To make a contact Favorite, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the name of the contact. A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select Add to Favorites option.
- The person will be added to your Favorites contact list.
Another way to organize your contacts is by adding them to different groups. For example, if you wish to have all your family members to be grouped in the Contacts tab, you can easily create a Contact List, naming it as “Family”. Then, you can add all the family members to it. To create a group and add members, follow these steps:
- In your Skype account, right-click on the Contact tab.
- Next, you will need to select the “Create New List” option and then name the list.
- Then, you will need to right-click on the Contact tab.
- After that, you will need to select Create New List… option and then name the list.
- Next, you will need to right-click on a Contact and select Add to List
NOTE: You will be able to add a contact only to one list at a time.
So, this is how you can add people on Skype and manage your contacts. For professional Skype support service, you can contact Skype customer service number.