Skype is popular software used by millions of businesses and individuals around the world to make free voice and video calls both one-to-one and group calls, share files and send instant messages. Since it is easy to use both on the computer and mobile phones, people find Skype feasible than any other telecommunication application.
Whether you wish to expand your digital network by adding friends and family or you work in the business and corporate sector, you must add your colleagues and clients to the contact list. For this, you must know how to find people on Skype and add them to the contact list.
As Skype is now available across all your devices, you may want to create a group of contacts that you can access for quick messaging and organizing schedules. With Skype, you can easily build and manage contacts. To know how to add people on Skype, follow the information provided below in this guide.
How to Find People on Skype?
Since you can access Skype both on the mobile app and the desktop app, we will try to render information for both the devices. Let’s dive in and understand the procedure to add people to your Skype contact list.
Add Contacts on Skype on Your Smartphone –
You can also add contacts to your Skype on a mobile phone.
- Tap to open Skype on your phone.
- Tap on the ‘Contacts’ button located at the bottom of the screen (to the right).
- Tapping the option would bring you a list of contacts in alphabetical order.
- Since you wish to add a person, look for the ‘New Contact’ option located just above the ‘Contacts’ It has a ‘+’ sign too.
- Then the search becomes just like the desktop version. In the search bar, you can type in the name of the person, Skype name, email address, or phone number. Other ways to add people include ‘Invite to Skype’ via SMS, email, etc. and ‘Add a Phone Number’ by saving a number to your Skype.
- Once you find the contact, add it to the contact list.
How to Add a Friend Who Doesn’t Have a Skype Account?
Skype even allows its users to add a person who doesn’t have a Skype account at all. To add your friend, you need to select your ‘profile picture’, choose the ‘Skype profile’ option, and select the ‘Share profile’ button.
If you wish to save a phone number as a contact, you can do that with a few simple clicks. All you have to do is to open the ‘Dialpad’ and enter the phone number and call. This will help you save the number. Once the call is placed, right-click and hold the number on the chat list. You will need to select the ‘View profile’ option and click ‘Add Contact’.
Steps to Add People on Skype on Computer
You can begin adding your friends, family, and other acquaintances either by simply saving phone numbers on Skype or by searching Skype directory. To add contacts using the Search directory, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Skype account and go to the Search
- Once you are logged in to your Skype account, you will need to enter the email or name of the person you wish to add and click on the Search Skype
- Clicking on the Search Skype option will display the contact on your screen. When you see the contact appearing on your screen, you will need to click on the Add to Contact
- Then, you will need to send a message to your contact to ask him to accept your request.
- Once the contact will accept your request, you will be able to communicate with him through Skype.
On the other hand, if you wish to add a contact using the phone number of the person you wish to add, you will need a little Skype Credit (for pay-as-you-go calls and sending SMS) or you will need a subscription before you can place a call to a mobile or landline or to send a text message.
Once you have a Skype Credit or a Subscription, you will need to select Add Contact under the Contacts menu and then Save a Phone Number. You will need to add the name and phone number of the contact and click on the Add number option. The contact will begin appearing in your contact list. After that, you will be able to call the contact, conduct a video call, or add them to a group.
Managing your Contacts
After you are done adding the contacts to your Skype account, you can easily organize them into lists and groups to help organize your chats. You can add the people you mostly talk to under the Favorites section. This way they will be shown at the top of the Contacts tab. To make a contact Favorite, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the name of the contact. A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select Add to Favorites option.
- The person will be added to your Favorites contact list.
Another way to organize your contacts is by adding them to different groups. For example, if you wish to have all your family members to be grouped in the Contacts tab, you can easily create a Contact List, naming it as “Family”. Then, you can add all the family members to it. To create a group and add members, follow these steps:
- In your Skype account, right-click on the Contact tab.
- Next, you will need to select the “Create New List” option and then name the list.
- Then, you will need to right-click on the Contact tab.
- After that, you will need to select Create New List… option and then name the list.
- Next, you will need to right-click on a Contact and select Add to List
NOTE: You will be able to add a contact only to one list at a time.
So, this is how you can add people on Skype and manage your contacts. For a professional Skype support service, you can contact Skype customer service number.