In order to provide better security to the users, Yahoo Mail offers numerous security features such as two-step verification, Account Key, Recovery Email Address, Recovery Phone Number. While there are numerous security measures offered by Yahoo Mail, it is important to keep an updated mobile number registered with your Yahoo Mail account in order to easily recover it in case if you ever forget the password or your account gets hacked.
If the phone number in your Yahoo Mail is not up-to-date, it is strongly recommended to change the mobile number. To know how to change mobile number in Yahoo Mail account, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
10 Steps to Change Mobile Number in Yahoo Mail
- On your computer, open a web browser, go to the Yahoo Mail sign-in page and enter your Yahoo Mail username and password. Then, click on the Sign in You will be logged in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Once you are logged in to your Yahoo Mail account, click on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner of your Yahoo Account’s page. A drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the Account info You will be directed to the Account info page.
- In the Account info page, you will need to click on the Account security option, you will be directed to the ACCOUNT SECURITY
NOTE: You may be prompted to provide the password of your Yahoo Mail account in order to get access to Account Security section.
- Under the ACCOUNT SECURITY section, you will need to click on the Phone number option. As you will click on it, you will be taken to the next screen where you will find your existing registered phone number.
- To change the number, you will first need to delete the current number if it is not in use anymore. For this, simply click on the Trash icon located next to the phone number. The number will be removed from your Yahoo Mail account.
- Now, to add a new phone number, you will need to click on the Add recovery phone number on the same screen.
- As you will click on the Add recovery phone number option, you will be prompted to add the mobile number on the next screen.
- Enter the mobile number in the prompted field on the next screen, and click on the Send SMS You will receive a notification on the phone number entered by you.
- Enter the verification code that you receive on your phone number in the prompted field on the next page and click on the Verify
NOTE: Alternatively, you can click on the Call me button if you don’t receive the verification code via SMS. You will receive the verification code via call which you will need to enter in the prompted field and click on the Verify button. Your phone number will be changed right away in your Yahoo Mail account.
So, this is how you can change the mobile number in your Yahoo Mail account.