The massive data breach became sad news to Yahoo users. In fact, when they came to know that their account is not safe as seems with a conventional password. Imagine a situation, when you have your bank account details in and someone gets into your Yahoo mail account, it can be compromised easily. This is really a huge security issue and Yahoo users should take into higher concern.
After the massive hacking of Yahoo account; Yahoo introduced the next level of security for all Yahoo users.
- Two-Step Verification
- Yahoo Account Key
Yahoo users are advised to use any of these two security features with their email accounts. This is to increase the security of your Yahoo Mail account. Here, we have Two-Step Verification; which is level 2 security for your account. Once you enable it; you will get a security code to get into your account on every sign-in attempt. So, if any case someone gets your Yahoo email account’s password, but can’t get in as the security code will be sent to your registered mobile number. This is to minimize the security threat.
We have this quick guide for you to learn and enable the security of your Yahoo Mail account. You just need to follow the steps as given and be ready with your mobile number too.
Steps to Enable Two-Step Verification in Yahoo Mail:
- First, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and go to your Account Info page. It can be found under the user icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Here, you will find an option for Two-step verification, then click on the toggle button to enable 2-Step Verification
- Now, you need to provide your mobile number for verification; make sure that this number should be with you whenever you want to use your account
- After entering the mobile number, click on Send SMS, in order to receive a text message with a code or Call me to receive a phone call for code on the call
- Once you receive the verification code, enter into the given space and click on Verify button
- You have successfully enabled the two-step verification security
- Now, this is the time to test this security feature; simply log out and try to sign in; after entering the password; you will get a security code on your mobile number
- Simply, use this code here and get in
- That’s all
You can easily enable two-step verification in your Yahoo email account if you are still facing any issue dial helpline number of Yahoo customer care support service team to get a quick resolution.
Note – You can enable Two-Step Verification and Yahoo Account Key at the same time to get your Yahoo account protected. This will work, yet we advised you to keep at least any of these securities with your Yahoo account.