Many users have reported issues accessing their Facebook account on their iPhone and iPad. While some users are unable to access certain features in their FB account, others are unable to load the Facebook account properly. For all such common issues and concerns, you can follow the different solutions provided below.
Ways to Fix “Facebook Not Working on iPhone or iPad”
- Exit From The Facebook App and Relaunch It
The first basic troubleshooting step that you can try to fix your Facebook app on iPhone or iPad is to swipe down the app screen to refresh the page. However, if this doesn’t work, you can consider quitting the Facebook app and launching it again.
To Force quit Facebook or any other app on iPhone or iPad, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold (for iPhone with Face ID). Similarly for iPhone with a Home button, quickly double press it. This will take you to the app switcher. Now, drag the Facebook app card up to quit it. Then, wait for a few seconds before launching the app again.
- Fix Issues With Your Internet Connectivity
Sometimes the problem with Facebook can also occur due to poor internet connectivity. To check your internet network, open a random website on your Safari browser. If the website loads properly, skip to the next workarounds. However, if the website doesn’t load properly, fix the issues with your internet and then check your Facebook app to see if the problem is fixed or not. Moreover, if you are using cellular data, it is important to check if it’s enabled for Facebook or not. To do so, open the Settings app > Cellular > Cellular Data > make sure that the toggle for Facebook is enabled.
- Check Restrictions for Facebook
As the Screen Time feature is known for imposing a time limit and other types of restrictions on applications, Facebook might be one of such apps. In such a case, consider following these steps:
- From the applications’ menu, tap on the Settings app and select the Screen Time
- Next, tap on the App Limits option and make sure that Facebook is not listed here.
- In case you find Facebook listed here, select it and press the Delete Limit option next to it.
- Then, tap on the <Screen Time option located on the top-left corner and select the Content & Privacy Restrictions
- After that, turn off the toggle for the Content & Privacy Restrictions
- When done following these steps, launch the Facebook application and see if it works properly.
- Check For Facebook Updates
Facebook is known for releasing new updates now and then. These updates are important from the security perspective and must be installed whenever they are made available. If you have any such pending updates available for Facebook, make sure to install them right away. Below you can find the steps to check for Facebook updates.
- Firstly, long-press the App Store icon and select the Updates
- Next, you will need to tap on the UPDATE option located next to Facebook.
- Then, wait for the updates to get installed and restart the Facebook app to see if the problem is fixed.
- Clear Website Data and History
If you are experiencing issues using Facebook on your Safari or any other iOS web browser, deleting the website data and history might help fix the problem. To clear history for your Safari browser, follow these steps:
- Launch Safari browser and select the Bookmark icon.
- Next, tap on the clock icon located on the right-hand side. For older iOS versions, you may find the History option near the top of your bookmarks list.
- Now, go to the name of the websites you visited earlier. Here, you will have two options.
- You can swipe to the left from right on the name of the page you wish to remove and then select the Delete
- However, if you wish to clear the complete history in one go, tap on Clear located at the bottom right corner. Then, choose the appropriate option from the given options – The Last Hour | Today | Today & Yesterday | All Time.
- Delete and Reinstall Facebook App
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds don’t help you fix the problem, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app. As you will uninstall the Facebook app, it will delete all the entire data associated with it. You can then reinstall the app and sign in to your account. The problem shouldn’t appear then.
- Press on the Facebook app icon from the home screen and select Delete App > Delete.
- Next, select the App Store icon, tap on the search field, and enter “Facebook”. Then, press the search icon and select the Facebook app from the search result.
- After that, press the download/install option on the next screen to add the FB app.
- Once you are done installing the Facebook app, launch it and sign in to your account.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to fix issues with your Facebook account on your iPhone or iPad.