The moment you tried to open your Yahoo messenger application; instead of opening the chat rooms; you got Yahoo Forbidden Error 403 on your computer screen. Well, we have a comprehensive guide for Yahoo messenger users to fix the issue.
What is Yahoo Error code 403?
Error 403 – Yahoo Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
When a user is using Yahoo Messenger application on their computer and device; chances are that you might get some issue while using it. This usually occurs with Error 403; this is really annoying when you are interested in an IM chat, but you can’t get in. Here; we need to understand that what makes a user understand how error 403 can be identified.
What are the symptoms to identify the error 403?
When this error 403 is going to bother a Yahoo messenger user; you can get the clue with these common symptoms. You can identify that you are experiencing error 403 or not use these tips.
- When Error 403 appears and crashes while using Yahoo messenger
- When your PC frequently crashes with Error 403 when running Yahoo messenger
- If your computer screen shows Yahoo Messenger Error 403 when using Yahoo messenger application
- In case, your Windows OS runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input due to some anonymous reasons
- In case, your computer periodically freezes for a few seconds at a time on a frequent interval
Steps to Fix Yahoo Forbidden Error 403 :
Well, now you understand that the real meaning of Yahoo Messenger Error 403 and the symptoms which show that you are a victim of this error. You just need to understand the situations carefully and then find the fixes.
Method – Repair Registry Entries of Error 403:
- Start from your computer’s home screen
- And then click on the Start button
- Now, you need to type the command in the search box, but don’t press Enter button yet
- Here, while holding CTRL+Shift on your keyboard then press Enter
- Now, you will be prompted with a permission dialog box, just click on Yes button
- You will get command prompt box in front of you
- And then type Regedit then press Enter
- Here, from the Registry Editor, you need to choose the Error 403-related key you want to back up
- And, from the File menu, click on the Export button
- Here, from the Save In list, go to the folder where you want to save the Yahoo! Messenger backup key for future use
- In the File Name box, you need to type a name for your backup file, such as Yahoo! Messenger Backup to keep it safe
- Now, from the Export Range box, make sure that Selected branch is selected
- After that, click on the Save button
- Finally, this file is then saved with a .reg file extension
- You need to change and edit this file accordingly
For any assistance, dial the phone number of the Yahoo customer care support team and get a solution for all email queries.