Gmail is undoubtedly one of the best email service providers in the world as it has almost every feature and functionality that a user needs to carry out their various email-related tasks. While Gmail is an ideal email application to make use of it for meeting your email-related obligations, however, one thing that users prefer in Gmail is to access it through their desktop.
Though there is no separate Gmail desktop application available for it, there is a workaround that can help you open an instance of Gmail in an independent window on the desktop. To know how to create a Gmail Desktop app, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Create a Gmail Desktop App
- In order to create a Gmail Desktop application for your system, you will first need to enable Gmail’s new native offline mode. Though it is not necessary to enable offline mode, it is suggested so that your Gmail may function as a desktop without the internet and capable of syncing up with your online account.
- Go to the Inbox folder of your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon located on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Settings
- In the Settings section of your Gmail account, you will need to click on the Offline tab in the General
- In the Offline tab, you will need to select the checkbox next to the Enable offline mail option and click on the Save Changes
NOTE: If you want you can also make changes to the other options shown in the Offline tab.
Creating Gmail Desktop App
- Start by opening your Gmail account in the Chrome browser. Next, you will need to click on the Menu icon (three vertical dots) located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to expand the “More tools” option and select “Create Shortcut” option. A box will open up on your screen.
- In the prompted box, you will need to add a title like “Gmail/ Gmail Desktop App/ Gmail Quick Launch, Then, make sure to select the checkbox next to the “Open as window” option.
- Once you are done entering the required information, click on the Create A shortcut will be created on your computer desktop.
- Now, whenever you wish to open your Gmail account, all you need to do is double-click on the Gmail shortcut you create. Doing so will open a new window of your Gmail account on your screen. You can then use your Gmail account easily.
So, these are the step-by-step instructions that you will need to follow in order to create a desktop Gmail app and access your account. For the further issue, you can contact Gmail customer support service number to fix the Gmail problem.