Your MSN email account not only allows you to send text messages to the recipient but also provides you the option to send files such as documents, videos, and images. For example, to send a file, all you need to do is click on the file attachment option in the email box that you are composing and send the email once it gets uploaded. While the process to attach and send a file is an easy process, however, sometimes, some of the MSN email users face trouble uploading a picture in their email. If you are also experiencing issues uploading a picture in your email account, you can fix the problem by following the information provided below.
Guide to Fix “Picture Uploading” Issue in MSN Mail
NOTE: Microsoft has moved all its email services – Hotmail, Office 365, Live Mail, MSN Mail, to a single codebase at Outlook.com. The following steps are based on Outlook.com.
When you are unable to add pictures or attachments to your Outlook.com email, you can follow the instructions provided below:
- If you are replying to an email that has a photo attached, the file will not be included in the reply. In order to keep the original attachments, you will need to forward the email instead.
- You will only be able to attach files to calendar events that would have been created by you or a delegate.
- Every email service poses a restriction on the size of an email that you send. The size limit for an email in Outlook.com is limited to 29 MB. This limit comprises all text and attached files. You can try reducing the file size if it is exceeding the limit a bit only.
NOTE: Resizing a picture will not reduce its file size. To lower the size of an image or attachment, you will need to try compressing it.
- If the size of the file you are trying to attach is exceeding the limit of the email, you can try attaching the link of the files through OneDrive. As links to files from OneDrive are considered in the email size limit, you can easily attach the link and ask the recipient to open it to view or download the file. However, it is to be noted that the linked file size limit is up to 2GB.
About 1drv.ms Links
If you see a link that begins with 1drv.ms, it means that they are the automatically shortened links of OneDrive attachments. Generally, such links will look something like this: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AC0C90TYTSoiwNzYH64wCRetzMF9
Sharing One Drive File Through an Email
- Start by typing the email address or contact name in the “Enter a name” or “email address” field. As you will start entering the info in the box, you will see an auto-suggestion list. You can also select a contact from this list.
- Next, you can add a note for the recipients if you wish. If you wish to change the permission level, you will need to select Anyone with the link can edit
- Then, simply set the options you want on your link and click on the Apply option when you’re done.
If you will be sharing files with this type of link, people will be able to edit files and will be able to add files in a shared folder, provided they are logged in with a Microsoft account. Also, recipients will be able to forward the link, change the list of people sharing the files/folders, and change permissions for recipients. In case you are sharing a folder, people having the Edit permissions will be able to copy, edit, move, delete, rename, and share anything in the folder.
NOTE: Deselecting this checkbox means that people will be able to copy, view, or download your files without logging in. Also, they can forward the link to other people, however, they will not be able to make a change to the version on your OneDrive.
Set Expiration Date
With this option, you will be able to set the duration for which you wish to keep the link functional. After that, the link will no more be valid, and you will have to create a new link for users who would want to get access to your file or folder.
When a user will click on the link, he/she will be prompted to provide a password in order to access the file. You will need to provide this password separately to the recipient.
After making the desired changes to the above-mentioned options on your screen, you can simply click on the Apply button and send the file.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to easily upload pictures to MSN Email.