In order to give your more convenient for accessing your all emails account at a single place, Outlook offers multiple mailboxes; so you can access your other emails apart from Outlook can also get in the same inbox. This enables an Outlook user to get access to Yahoo mail account emails in your inbox, without signing in to your Yahoo account.
This feature is to ease your life, yet some users want to discontinue this feature as they realize that they don’t want to get continue with the same Yahoo account or they have closed their account. Or, in the case; you want to keep the account separated; you need to kick Yahoo out from your Outlook inbox.
You can remove your associated Yahoo Mail account from your Outlook inbox. This is easy; once you sign in to your Outlook account. You can follow this step by step guide to get your Yahoo Mail account removed from Outlook.
How to Remove Yahoo Mail Account from Outlook:
- First, you need to sign in to your Outlook on the web using the sign-in credits
- From the Outlook navigation bar, you need to select Settings option here
- Here, from your app settings, click on Mail option
- Now, in the left pane, just click on Mail and under Accounts option, click on Connected accounts, this will display your connected Yahoo account too
- Here, you need to choose the Yahoo account, which you wish to remove, and then click on Remove button
- Also, click on Yes to confirm that you want to stop connecting to your Yahoo account
- Once you remove the Yahoo account from Outlook on the web, you can delete any email messages of Yahoo account that still appear in Outlook
- That’s all
This will remove the account from your Outlook account. Now, here comes the common question; what will be the status of your existing Yahoo emails after removing your account from Outlook. Well, it will be there until the end, until you delete them manually. You can keep them if you wish to for any future communication.
Here, we have a recommendation for Outlook users, before removing their Yahoo account from Outlook. You should make sure that you have all your emails copied on it. If not, better take a backup from your Outlook or forward those emails to your other account.
For any other help dial Yahoo customer support service phone number and get an instant solution.