Are you having trouble with your Skype calls, especially with Camera quality? The problem could be arising due to various reasons such as poor internet connection, using the incompatible camera, incompatible system requirements, etc.
As there can be different reasons responsible for causing a camera issue with your Skype application, you can follow the below-mentioned workarounds to overcome the problem.
Guide to Fix Skype “Camera Not Working” Issue
- Verify the Privacy Permissions of your System: If you are using Skype for Windows 10 (Version 14) or Mac OSX Mojave (10.14 or higher), you will need to make sure that you have allowed permission to Skype for accessing Camera as well as a microphone.
- For Skype for Windows 10 (Version 14) – Go to Start option, select Settings gear, and go to Privacy section. Under the Privacy section, you will need to select Camera. Under it, make sure, that Skype is switched to ON. Then, you will need to restart your Skype application and go to Skype Audio & Video Settings. Here, you will need to verify whether the correct device is selected within Skype or not.
- For Mac OSX Mojave (10.14 or Higher) – Go to Mac System Preferences section and select Security & Privacy option. Under Security & privacy, you will need to select Privacy Tab and then Microphone/Camera. After that, it simply allows access to Skype to use Camera/Microphone.
- Check your Camera: Make sure that your camera is enabled, it is pointing towards you, and there is no obstruction between the camera and you. You can check the preview of your camera by going to Profile Picture > Settings > Audio & Video Settings > Video. Under the Video section, you will be able to see a preview of your camera.
- Make Sure Your Camera Meets the Minimum System Requirements: If you are using Skype for Windows 10, you will need to make sure that your webcam meets the minimum system requirements for Windows Store applications. You can check the minimum requirements here.
- Try Placing a Free Test Call: When you will perform a test call, it will prompt you to record a message and then it will play it back for you. This is the best way to check whether the problem is with your camera settings. You can run a test call by going to your Profile Picture > Settings > Audio & Video Settings > Make a free test call.
- Check the Manufacturer’s Website: As there so many brands and devices, there could be numerous reasons causing an issue with Camera on Skype. As each brand is different, therefore it is always best to check the manufacturer’s website for troubleshooting help and user guides.
- Check Internet Connection: Make sure that your system is connected with the internet and it is working properly. If there is any problem with the Internet connection, you will need to first address it. Also, when performing a video call on Skype, try not to run any download or upload process to let your Skype application have more bandwidth.
So, these are some of the workarounds that you can follow to fix the issue with your camera on Skype. For further contact Skype customer support service helpline phone number to fix Skype issue.