The Facebook community page is flooded with queries by users worldwide. Amongst the numerous unresolved questions, you will come across ‘an unexpected error occurred Facebook marketplace’ issue becoming the most talked about topics. One marketer wrote, “Marketplace has not been working for a few weeks now constantly keep saying an unexpected error has occurred when I try to sell a product I can still see people selling stuff but constantly says an unexpected error has occurred.” Another wrote, “How to fix ‘unexpected error has occurred’ marketplace.”
Since Facebook introduced this new feature, i.e. Facebook Marketplace, users around the world have been showing immense interest in buying, selling, and trading items with people in their locality. It is, basically, a digital marketplace that allows users to carry out –
- Search for various items to purchase.
- Create item listing using a camera. All the items are sorted as per the category and location.
- Browse for items according to the location/ category.
- Set custom bids for items.
- View messages and transactions under a “Your Items” section.
Users with an iPhone and Android device can access this feature and are free to sell, buy, and trade with others. If you have recently come to know about this amazing feature and are excited to use it on your phone, you must be ready to tackle the ‘unexpected error’.
So, what should you do to get rid of the unexpected error on Facebook Marketplace?
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Unexpected Error on Facebook Marketplace
The unexpected error often surfaces on your computer screen while using Facebook Marketplace. One of the reasons could be the poor Wi-Fi connection. Ensure that you are connected to a stable and safe Wi-Fi.
Everyone who is trading on Facebook Marketplace might have encountered an unexpected error. If you, too, come across this error, this is what you should do.
- Sign yourself out of Facebook. (To do so, you need to click on the ‘arrow’ on the top right corner and click “Logout”)
- If you are using a computer, make sure you clear the cache and cookies of your system.
- Also, ensure you are using the latest version of the browser or the app.
- Now, you need to restart your phone or computer.
- For the app users, uninstall and then install the app again.
- Try logging in to your Facebook account and try again.
If it didn’t work, you should contact the professionals at Facebook Customer Support instead of reporting the issue again and again. Here’s what one user has to say, “This time it’s 48 hours with getting an error message when trying to view my items for sale on the marketplace! If you report too many times they block you for a week! So no sense in reporting issues, nothing gets fixed! No one to contact, no response when you do report an issue! All of my devices are working properly with apps games etc. Please advise other ways to view my items in order to renew them for sale on the marketplace.”
You should simply stick to the following steps when an unexpected error or unknown error surfaces.
- Facebook: Clear Cache Error
- If you get “an unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later” or “an unknown error has occurred”, you should clear your browser cache.
- Launch your browser, click on the history tab.
- Select “Clear Browsing Data” and get rid of data and files.
- After doing this, you will have to re-login to your Facebook account.
You can also speak with Facebook customer support expert person live by calling our toll free number for free.