Issues and queries are common in Skype and other online applications. And to help users overcome issues in their account, Microsoft offers assistance through its Skype Customer Support center. At Skype customer support, there are numerous assistance options available for the users to overcome the problem they face in their account. From Help Articles, Community Forum, FAQs to Social Media Support and Live Chat, there are multiple ways to contact Skype customer support for assistance.
Common Skype Issues That Users Face
Skype Customer Support has multiple support options to help users in overcoming the problem in their Skype account. So, no matter the complexity of the problem you are experiencing, you can find reliable assistance for your issue using the various options available at Skype customer service. Some of the common issues that users face in their account are as follows:
Skype Contacts or Credit Missing
If you are unable to find your Contacts or Credit in your Skype account, it might be because you have signed in to different Skype account. Other causes can be as follows:
- You have multiple Microsoft account and you are not even aware of that.
- Someone else might have used your device to access their Microsoft account.
How to Send an Instant Message?
To send an Instant message in Skype on Desktop:
- Go to the Chat screen and select the person or group you wish to send an instant message.
- Enter your message in the chat window and hit on the Send button.
Problem Making a Call in Skype
Although calling Skype contacts on Skype is free, however, to make a call on a mobile phone or landline through Skype needs Skype Credit or a subscription. So, make sure when making a call on a mobile phone or landline, you have enough credit for it.
Problem Finding New Contacts in Skype on Desktop
To know how to find a new contact in Skype on Desktop:
- Select Search Skype option in your application.
- Enter the name, Skype name, or email of the person in the field you wish to chat.
- Select the contact from the search results. You will be directed to the conversation window.
Generally, the two most common issues for which Skype users seek assistance are Forgotten Skype Password and how to block/unblock someone on Skype. The solution to these two issues is provided below:
Forgotten Skype Account Password
If you ever forget the password of your Microsoft Skype account or your account gets hacked, you can regain access to your account by resetting the password of it. Below are the detailed steps for resetting your Skype password, however, before following them, you will need to make sure that you have access to one of the account recovery options associated with your Microsoft Skype account. The Account Recovery option can be your Phone Number and/or Email Address. It is important to have access to one of the account recovery options as it is required to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the Skype account. Now to reset your Skype password, follow these instructions:
- On your web browser, go to the Microsoft sign-in page and enter your Microsoft User ID which is associated with your Skype account in the provided field. Then click on the Next button. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your account password, however, as you don't remember it or as you are unable to access your account with the password you have, click on the ''Forgot my Password''option. This will take you to the next screen.
- Now, on the subsequent screen, your Microsoft user id will be displayed that you entered earlier. Before going further, make sure that the User ID you have entered is correct. After that, you can click on the Next button.
- As you will click on the Next button, you will be directed to the next screen where your account recovery options will be displayed linked with your Skype account. Here, you will need to provide the prompted information for one of the account recovery options. The options would be as follows:
- Email *****@**example.com
- If you have access to the phone number, select the phone option ''Text*******8985''option, enter the last 4 digits of your phone number and click on the Send code option. On the other hand, If you have access to the given email address, select the ''Email ******@example.com''option and click on the Send code button.
- As per the option selected by you in the earlier steps, a code will be displayed on your phone number or email address. Enter the code in the given field on the next screen.
- Once you are done entering the security code, you will need to click on the Next button. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your new password.
- Enter the new password in the provided fields and click on the Next button. The new password for your Skype account will be reset.
How to Block or Unblock a Person in Skype Account?
If you are being annoyed by one of the contacts in your Skype account, you can block that person from communicating you through Skype by following these steps:
- Open Skype application on your computer and log in to your account if you are not signed in already.
- After you have logged in to your Skype account, you will need to go to the contact list of your Skype account located on the left-hand side panel and select the name of the person you wish to block by clicking on his/her name.
- As you will click on the name of the person you wish to block in the Contact list, your chat messages with him/her will display on the right-hand side section.
- In the right-hand side section, click on the Name of the person located on the top section. This will open a small window on your computer screen.
- Next, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Block contact option. This will open a confirmation box on your screen.
- In the confirmation box, you will need to click on the Block button. The person will be blocked right away from contacting you through the Skype application.
NOTE: Optionally, if you want to report abuse from a person you are blocking, you will need to click on the slider button located next to the ''Report abuse from this person''in the confirmation box. Then, select the appropriate reason from the given option on the next screen and click on the Block button.
While this is how you can block a person in your Skype account, however, if you ever wish to unblock the person you blocked in your Skype account, you can do so by following the steps given below:
- Sign in to your Skype account and click on the Menu bar icon (three horizontal dots) located on the left-hand side panel on the upper-left corner. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on the Settings option. This will direct you to the Settings window of your Skype account.
- In the Settings window of your Skype account, you will need to click on the Contacts section located on the left-hand side panel.
- From the Contacts section, you will need to select the Blocked contact option. This will open the list of contacts that you would have blocked in your Skype account.
- Then, from the ''blocked contact''list, you will need to select the Unblock option located next to the person you wish to unblock. And, this way the person will be unblocked in your Skype account.
- While unblocking will allow you both to communicate with each other through Skype, however, you will need to add him/her as your contact again in order to begin a conversation.
While you have the solution to two of the most commons issues of Skype users, for any other query or problem, you can reach the Skype customer support and find an appropriate solution using the different assistance options mentioned below.
Assistance Options Available At Skype Customer Support
Sky Help Center
Skype Help Center offers assistance for your problem through the Help Articles. Here are the steps to find assistance at Sky Help Center through Help Articles:
- Open Sky Help Center page on your browser.
- Select Contact us section and choose the issue from the given list.
- Next, choose the option from ''Please be more specific''section.
- You will find the solution for the selected problem on the next screen.
- Follow the information provided in it to fix your Skype problem.
Microsoft Skype Community
Skype Help community forum allows users to post their query regarding a problem and get assistance from other community members. Follow these steps to post query on the Skype Help Community:
- Go to the Skype Help Community page.
- Select the relevant topic in the Skype Topic and subtopic (optional) under Skype Sub-Topic section.
- Then, choose the particular option from the Platform section.
- You will find the solution to your problem in the section below.
Social Media Skype Customer Support
User can also report about an issue on following social media pages of Skype customer support:
Another place to find assistance from Skype customer support is using the Search Help option. Follows these steps to use this assistance option:
- Go to Sky Help Center page.
- Enter the problem you are facing in your Skype account in the prompted field.
- Select the topic from the auto-suggestion list below search field or press Enter key on your keyboard after entering the keyword and choose the relevant solution from the search result.
Assistance from Skype Support Through Virtual Agent
If unable to find required assistance from the above-mentioned option, get direct assistance from a Skype support virtual agent by following below-mentioned instructions:
- Go to Skype support virtual agent page.
- Enter the problem you are facing in your Skype account in the prompted field.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard and you will see the response from the virtual agent on your computer screen.
- Then, just follow the on-screen prompts suggested by the virtual agent to overcome the issue in your Skype account.
Check the Skype Status
As the problem can also be on Skype's end, it is recommended to check the status of Skype to ensure that the problem is not at Skype's end. Here are the steps to check the Skype Status.
- Go to the Skype Status page.
- Once you are on the Skype Status page, you can check the status of the different functions displayed on the screen.
- If the Green color right tick appears next to each service, this means your Skype is functioning as usual.
- However, there is another sign (apart from Green color right tick) appearing next to any of the Skype's service, you should wait until the problem gets cleared before trying to access your account again.
So, these are the different assistance options available at Skype customer support to fix a problem in your Skype account.