File sharing on Windows Live Mail is very common and so is hacking and spamming in your email account. In order to keep your computer protected against viruses, online threats, and programs that can harm or hack your personal information, Windows Live Mail doesn’t allow some types of file attachments. And, this is the reason that sometimes you are not able to download the file in Windows Live Mail.
However, if you want to allow all types of file attachments, you can do that by changing the settings of your Windows Live Mail Account’s safety options. You will be able to easily download and open all types of files, after making the following changes in the safety option.
Steps to Allow Mails to Download and Open all Types of File Attachments
1. Go to the “Start” option in your computer and type “Mail” in the search box. Locate the “Windows Live Mail” in the search result and click on it.
2. After that, on the “Home” tab of Windows Live Mail, select the “Junk” option and go to “Safety options”.
3. Under the “Safety Options”, locate the “Security” tab and click on it.
4. Now Look for the “Virus protection” option, and under this option uncheck the box next to “Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus”.
5. Finally, click “OK”. Now, whenever you receive an attachment through email, Windows Live Mail will not block any file attachment and you will be allowed to send or receive any type of file in emails.
6. But remember, turning off the above option will leave your system at the risk of getting affected by the virus.
Note: The changes made will be effective for emails that you receive after the changes made. Also, it is recommended to send or receive file attachments in zipped form.
In case the above solution does not help you get rid of the file downloading problem in Windows Live Mail, you can contact us anytime from anywhere. We are the most reliable third-party Windows Live Mail customer support service provider in the industry. We house a team of experts who very well understand the Windows Live Mail features and thus is capable of providing the most accurate solution for all Windows Live Mail related issues.
Our lines are available round the clock. We can be reached via our toll-free number, live chat, and email as well. We promise to cater to you with quality and reliable solutions for all your Windows Live Mail related queries and worries.
Get in touch with us today!