You reset your browser on the desktop, and now when you are trying to log into your Facebook account, you find yourself blank as you don’t have any clue what was the password of your Facebook account. This happens with a lot of Facebook users; they keep their FB account logged in for months in the browser and later when trying to log into their account from some other device, they don’t remember the password and wonder how to access their account.
Well, if you are one of these guys, then you have come to the right place. In the case of a lost Facebook account password, a simple password reset can help you regain access to your account. It’s very simple, just follow the steps mentioned below:
Steps to Recover Facebook Account Sign In
1. Go to the sign-in page of Facebook and locate the “Forgotten Account” option on the top right side, just below the “Password” text box. Click on it.
2. After you click on “Forgotten Account”, a new window will appear where you will be asked to enter your email address or phone number to search for your account.
3. Simply enter your email id or phone number and click the “Search” tab.
4. You will be directed to a new window where you will get three options. You will be asked to select anyone in order to verify yourself as the actual owner and receive the code. But before selecting any one option, look for the profile picture will be displayed next to the three options. If the profile picture is yours, you can go for the options, otherwise click on the “Not You?” option, located next to the “Continue” tab. This will again take you back to the text box where you entered your email id or phone number. Type the correct email id/phone number and click “Search” again.
5. If you are sure that the profile picture is yours, then select any one of the three displayed options. The first option will be to recover your FB account by verifying your email to reset the password. The second option will be to receive a code via email. And, the third option will be to receive a code via phone number.
6. Choose any one and click “Continue”. Enter the code that you receive via email/phone number, and click “Continue”.
7. In the next window, you will be asked to enter your “New Password”. Create a unique and strong password. It should be at least 6 characters.
8. Click “Continue” once you are done.
9. Congrats, you have got access to your Facebook account.
So, this is how you can reset your Facebook account password easily and quickly to access your account. If you face issues following the above-mentioned steps or if you are still not able to access your FB account, then our experts can help in solving the issues related to your Facebook account. Be it password reset, login errors, status update, or hacking, our engineers are capable of solving every FB related issues and errors. Our services are available 24/7, so feel free to contact Facebook customer care service helpline number anytime and from anywhere. We can be contacted via a toll-free number, email, and live chat as well.