Receiving unwanted emails on Yahoo can be really frustrating. A lot of companies, blogs, and media sites use your email to promote themselves and their products/services, resulting in a flood of annoying spam in your Yahoo inbox. Although Yahoo provides a feature for blocking such unwanted emails, things become more troublesome when even after blocking such emails, they make their way into your inbox. Receiving an email from a blocked address in Yahoo might make you wonder how can it be possible?
Well, to your surprise, it is possible! Because the senders of such spam usually misguide you about their true address, and that is why even after blocking them, your inbox gets swamped with unwanted emails. To stop receiving an email from a blocked address in yahoo, you need to identify the true email address from the fake one. And, this is what this topic is about. So, here is the solution to your problem.
- To identify the true email address, you will need to view the full headers of an email. This will help you know whether the information of the sender was altered.
- Full headers contain all the information as to how the email was routed and delivered. It also includes information about the true sender of the email.
- To open full headers, open the unwanted email and locate the “More” option. Then click “View Raw Message”.
- Here you will be able to get to know the actual sender of the email. You can do that by searching for the name of the sender in the top field “Received” and bottom “From”.
- After identifying the true sender, block the address.
- To block the address, go to the Yahoo mail page and locate the gear icon on the top right corner of your screen. Select the “Setting” option from the menu. A new window will open.
- Locate the “Blocked Address” option on the left and click on it. Now add the email address in the text box next to “Add an address” and click on the “Block” tab. Then hit “Save”.
- The address will be added to the block list and you will no more receive email associated with the email address.
In case you still face similar or any other sort of Yahoo email related issues in your account, feel free to get in touch with us. We are a reliable third party Yahoo customer care technical support service provider offering a variety of Yahoo email-related services to keep your account up and running. Our experts are available round the clock, so contact us whenever you need assistance for any Yahoo mail related issues. We assure to offer the best services in the industry.