Email accounts are essential nowadays because they carry your lots of personal information, data, and it is used to send/receive emails. In the same manner, account security is also important and for that, you have to keep your password strong. Keeping your password secure is quite necessary from prying eyes because hackers leave not a single chance to acquire your account details. Have you ever thought about what will you do in case you didn’t remember your Outlook password anymore? Relax, there is an option to reset the outlook email password.
Instructions to Reset Outlook Email Password are:
- Initially, you need to visit this official page of Outlook.
- Choose “I forgot my password” choice and then enter Reset your password choice that appears just below I forgot my password.
- Now you need to type in your email address.
- And enter the character which is shown in the picture and hit the Next button.
- Here you will see two passwords reset choices: “Email me a reset link” and the second choice is “Send a code to my phone”.
- Choose the first choice if you want to get the password reset link to the alternate email address.
- After that choose to Email me a rest link choice and then enter the Next button for receiving a password reset link to your alternate email address.
- Now choose the latter option and after that, you have to click the Send code button in case you have linked your phone number to your Outlook.com account.
- And when you will choose the second option, you will get Microsoft account password reset code on your phone device.
- Now it’s time to sign in to your alternate email address.
- And clicking on the reset link will directly take you to reset Outlook email password where you need to enter your new password.
- Afterward, reenter the password for confirming and finally enter the Next button.
- You need to enter the password reset code that you have got in the Enter your code box.
- Click the Submit button for seeing Reset your password page. You need to enter your new password and also re-enter the Outlook password
- Finally, enter the Next button.
Hence you are done and the process of resetting Outlook email password has been completed.
Once you are done with the password reset thing, you will be immediately taken to a page where you have the option of adding or updating your alternate email address, phone number, or security question.
If still facing issues contact Outlook mail customer care service phone number for instant assistance.