Are you having trouble signing in to Skype from other devices? Well! Take a chill pill! We have got your back. This small article will help you fix some of the common errors including unable to log in Skype on other devices.
Sorry, we couldn’t connect to Skype:
This is the quite common error encountered by most of the Skype users worldwide. To fix this issue, follow the points below.
- Make sure that you have updated the Skype application to the latest version available.
- If you have updated to the latest version and still getting the same error try the following:
- You must check the firewall settings. Ensure that your firewall isn’t blocking the way of Skype.
- Check the proxy settings and configure Skype manually.
- Change your password and try again.
There is a problem with your DNS that is preventing you from connecting to Skype:
If you find the DNS error, it might be possible that the game or application you have recently installed might be blocking Skype. You must reset the Hosts file to the Windows defaults.
- You need administrator access to edit the host’s file.
- If you are on the sophisticated network, then contact the system engineer or to the Network Administrator.
- Resetting the hosts file of your system may affect the performance of other programs installed on your system.
If you don’t have the time or you are supposed to make or receive an urgent call, lose it bottle right away and switch to the web version of the Skype which works similarly like the desktop application.
Log on to any of the browsers and visit www.web.skype.com. Enter the credentials and you are good to go.
You just need to keep in mind that Skype requires high bandwidth. If your internet connection is slow or unstable then you won’t be able to log in or use Skype properly. You must make sure that you have a fast internet connection and on top of that, you have the latest version of the Skype installed on any of the devices you have whether it is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, or Android, etc.
If none of the above works, then Uninstall the Skype app followed by clear the cookies, cache, and the browsing data of the device. Reinstall Skype and it shall work perfectly fine. Attentively, if the problem still persists then call our certified experts on our toll-free helpline number of Skype customer care support service and get instant support for the same.