If you are seeing the “oops there was a problem… Unable to sign in you” error when trying to access your Skype account, there can be numerous reasons causing this error. Some of these causes can be – using an outdated version of Skype, entering an incorrect Skype user name or password, or your computer lacking the minimum requirements to run Skype.
To fix the error and be able to sign in to your Skype account, you will need to follow the workarounds provided below.
Guide to Fix “Oops there was a problem…..unable to sign in you” Error in Skype
- Make Sure that You Are Using the Latest Version of Skype
The first thing you will need to ensure here is that you are using the latest version of Skype to access your account. Using an outdated version of Skype may lead to different issues in accessing or operating your Skype account. To know whether or not your Skype is up to date, follow these steps.
- Launch the Skype application on your computer.
- Once the Skype app gets opened on your screen, you will need to click on the More menu option (three horizontal dots) located near the upper-left corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings option. This will open a Settings window on your screen.
- In the Settings section, you will need to click on the Help & Feedback
- On the right-hand side, you will find if any update is available for your Skype program or not. If an update is available, make sure to install it by following the on-screen prompts.
- Make Sure Your Computer Meets Minimum System Requirements
In order to get the best performance from your Skype application, it is important to ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to operate Skype. If you don’t know the minimum system requirements, you can refer to the following information:
- Processor: At least 1 GHz
- RAM: At least 512 MB
- Additional Software: DirectX v9.0 or Above
- If you Have Forgotten your Skype User Name or Password
If you have forgotten your Skype account Password
- Go to the Account recovery form (https://account.live.com/acsr) on your computer web browser.
- Enter your email, phone number, or Skype name and contact email address (for communication).
- Complete the captcha and click on the Next button to submit the form.
- Once you are done submitting the form, it may take up to 24 hours to check your information. A reply to your request will be sent to the additional email address you provided.
If you Forgot your Skype User Name
- Go to the sign-in page of Skype.
- Next, select the More sign-in options and click on the Forgot my username
- Then, enter a phone number or an alternate email address associated with your Microsoft account.
- A security code will be sent to the phone number or email address which you will need to enter on the next screen and click on the Next
- On the next screen, you will see the accounts associated with the email address or phone number you provided. A part of the username might be hidden due to security reasons.
- If you find your account on the screen, select Sign in to get access to your Skype account.
- Check the Status of Skype
Sometimes the problem can be on Skype’s end as well, therefore, it is recommended to check the status of Skype to make sure that the reason for the error is not occurring due to issues with Skype. You can check the status of Skype by following these steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Once the browser gets opened, you will need to go to the Skype Statuspage (https://support.skype.com/en/status/).
- Once you are on the Skype status page, you will need to ensure that the Skype Status reads “Normal service”.
- In case, you see the status of Skype to be down, you will need to wait until the status changes to “Normal service” again.
- Is Your Account has Been Restricted or Temporarily Suspended?
In case you are unable to sign in, or if you are logged in but can’t use certain services of Skype, it can be due to the following reasons
- You were trying to use the paid features of Skype.
- Someone hacked your Skype account and was trying to misuses it. Skype noticed the unusual activities and temporarily blocked your account.
- Additional Tips to Consider to Clear the Error
- Make sure that your internet connection is working properly.
- Your computer is running with the latest updates.
- Scan your computer for viruses and malware.
- Try accessing your Skype account on a different computer and internet network.
So, these are the different workarounds that will help you in overcoming “oops there was a problem… Unable to sign in you” error when trying to access or operate your Skype account.