Two-Step verification process adds an extra layer of security on your email account as despite providing the traditional password you require one more security code to get into your account. Initially, Google and Yahoo introduced the two-step verification but later on Microsoft finally showed their class.
Enable Two-Step Verification in your MSN account:
- Log on to your MSN account.
- On the right-hand side click on the username and choose “Account Settings” You may be asked to provide the password. Do it to continue.
- Scroll down the page under the password and security info click on “Edit Security info”
- Under the two-step verification click on “Setup Two-Step Verification”
- Provide a mobile number or the alternate email address where you wish to receive the code.
- Type the code you received to confirm.
- Press OK to finish.
You have successfully enabled the Two-Step Verification in your MSN account. Now, whenever you will try to get into your MSN account from an unrecognized location or device, you would have to pass the Two-Step Verification process. If you clear the cookies and cache of the system you frequently use, you will have to follow the same.
Remember, this feature has recently been introduced by Microsoft and some of the experiences are still missing at the moment. It might be possible that Microsoft will improve the feature soon as they are supposed to introduce a new era in the MSN email. Rumors are also there that there will be no more MSN email as they are about to transform into completely different things.
It might also be possible that you might experience a little bit of glitch. You can get rid of such glitches by clearing the cookies, cache, and the browsing history of the browser. You can also update the browser to the latest version available. If in the case, it doesn’t work then switch to another internet browser. However, Microsoft recommends the latest version of Internet Explorer. You must ensure a fast but stable internet connection.
If the problem still persists then don’t forget to contact our certified technicians on the toll-free number of MSN customer care support service for quick help and instant resolution of your MSN account.