Error codes are mainly a warning message which displays the problem in a particular system in a technical language. The error codes generally consist of numbers and alphabets. It can be difficult for a person with no technical knowledge to resolve the issue. And thus, sometimes a person needs to seek professional assistance in order to fix error codes.
Error codes can occur in any software or program be it online or offline. Many MSN users report about facing a different type of error codes while operating their MSN account. If you are also having trouble accessing or operating your MSN products because of different error codes, the following guide is most likely to help you fix the problem.
Steps to Troubleshoot Various MSN Error codes
1.) MSN – Error 800488fb
Microsoft’s instant messaging application MSN Messenger is used by many people throughout the world to communicate with friends and family over the internet. While using MSN Messenger, sometimes users may see an error message like 800488fb. By this error, MSN tries to tell that the account has been blocked temporarily. This error can be cleared by the following measures:
- Update account information on the official website of MSN Messenger.
- Make sure password is being typed
- Clean temporary files.
- Reset the clock on the computer.
- Disable firewall
- Restart computer.
2.) MSN Error Code 0x8004ff00
MSN Error Code 0x8004ff00 is a common error code that occurs when trying to install Microsoft Security Essentials. The error code occurs mainly because of another windows installer running in the background. In such a case, the following steps can help fix the issue:
- Uninstall any current Internet security programs installed on your computer and restart it.
- Now, try installing the Microsoft Security Essentials again. The problem should be fixed.
3.) MSN Mail Error Code 3219 or 0x8de00005
When you are not able to send emails from your MSN Mail account, you will generally find an error code 3219 or 0x8de00005. This error code generally indicates that your MSN Mail is unable to connect to the Hotmail, Outlook, or MSN servers. To fix this error code, one can try the following measure.
- Go to the Account Tab and click on the + sign with @
- Enter your email address, password, and display name in the provided field.
- Select Manually Configure Server Settings.
- Then check IMAP under Incoming Server Information and type mail.outlook.com.
- Select Requires a secure connection SSL.
- Under Outgoing Server Information, enter server address as mail.outlook.com and port type 587.
- Select Requires a secure connection SSL and Requires Authentication.
- Click Next.
Now you can check whether the problem is solved.
So these are some of the common MSN error codes that users generally face when trying to access or operate MSN services. If you are facing any other error code issue in your MSN account, feel free to contact our helpline number of third-party MSN customer service support team. Our communication lines are available 24 by 7 and our team can be contacted via the following ways:
- Customer service helpline number (toll-free)
- Email support
- Live chat support