Getting the Windows Live Mail server problem is quite common. You will be surprised to know that some of the Windows errors are yet to be resolved. These errors include Windows Live Mail Error 3219, Error code 0x8de00005, etc.
If all of a sudden you find that you are unable to send or receive emails and start getting error codes like mentioned above, it means Windows Live Mail is unable to connect to the MSN servers.
Apparently, the root of the problem is related to the two types of authentication that uses the same user credentials at the very same time. The first credential is used for sign-in and the second one is used for the mail server. Basically, Windows Live mail errors are irritating the users who have configured Windows Live Mail connection and synchronization via secure HTTPS protocol. Although there isn’t any specific way to get rid of these errors you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Windows Live Mail.
- Click “Accounts” then tap + with @ icon.
- Type your email address, password, and your display name.
- Check Manually Configure Server Settings.
- Under the incoming server information choose IMAP.
- Type imap-mail.outlook.com in the Server field and type 993 in the port.
- Check the box “Require a secure connection SSL”
- Navigate to the “Outgoing Server Information”
- Type smtp-mail.outlook.com and port must be updated as 587
- Check the box “Requires a secure connection SSL” as well as the “Requires Authentication”
- Press the Next button.
Now, you have successfully reconfigured your Windows Live Mail account. Restart your computer and it shall work perfectly fine. You may have to keep the following things in mind.
- You must use the latest version of the Windows Live Mail.
- Avoid using applications that require high bandwidth.
- Make sure that there isn’t any latency in the network.
- Diagnose your system to ensure that there aren’t any hardware issues in it.
- You must install the Windows updates regularly.
- Only use the genuine anti-virus program and get it from the reputed sources.
- The drive of the hard-disk where the operating system is installed must have enough space.
If the problem still persists then, call our certified professionals on the toll-free helpline number of Windows Live mail customer support service and get the prompt resolution for the same.