The third-party email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, and Apple Mail are quite popular especially in between the corporate and small-medium business people. Correct account settings play a vital role in smooth performance. If you are finding difficulty configuring your MSN account with the third-party email clients then keep following for the same.
Account settings depend on the provider to provider hence, you must make sure that you have updated exactly the same. It might be possible that there is something wrong with your system as a result; you aren’t able to configure the MSN email account with any third-party email client.
- You must use the latest version of the third-party email client.
- Make sure that you have a fast and stable internet connection.
- Avoid using programs that require high bandwidth during the configuration.
- You must update the operating system on a regular basis the moment new updates are available.
- If POP3 account settings don’t work then reconfigure from the beginning as IMAP.
- If the automatic account setup failed then switch to the manual method immediately.
- Some email providers may require a secure channel and secure port to communicate, so choose both correctly.
- You can also use the connector to use the MSN account.
Follow the steps below to configure MSN with Outlook:
- Open the Outlook in your system.
- Click on the file and press “Add Account”
- Click to select Manual setup or additional server types and press the next button.
- Choose IMAP and fill the required information.
- Click to select the Remember Password.
- Don’t check the box as “Require login using Secure Password Authentication”.
- Tap on “More Settings”.
- Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab and choose “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Click the Advanced tab and choose SSL as the encryption.
- Incoming Mail server shall be imap-mail.outlook.com and port 993.
- Outgoing Mail Server shall be smtp-mail.outlook.com and port 587.
- SMTP server encryption type would be TLS.
Click on the “Test account settings” and you must see the congratulation alert. If there is an error then, go through the steps mentioned above from the beginning.
If the IMAP doesn’t work then you can try with POP3. Some email providers such as Gmail, AOL doesn’t require manual configuration.
If the problem still persists then, call our certified tech experts of MSN customer care service on the toll-free number for the prompt resolution.