Importing the snapshot of your Google calendar into Outlook allows the users to check it alongside the other calendars in your Outlook Calendar View. In order to keep your imported Google Calendar up-to-date, you will need to subscribe to the Google Calendar in Outlook. However, if you do not wish to do that, the alternative ways to update your calendar is by importing the snapshot of your Google calendar from time to time.
How To Sync Google Calendar With Outlook
To know, how to sync your Google Calendar with Outlook by subscribing to it, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Subscribe to Your Google Calendar
With an Internet Calendar (iCal) subscription, you can keep your Outlook copy of your Google Calendar up-to-date. Here are the steps to do so:
- On your computer, sign in to your Google Calendar account and click on the My calendars option located in the left column.
- Next, you will need to hover over the calendar that you wish to add to Outlook as an Internet Calendar Subscription and select the three dots located on the right-hand side of the calendar name to select the Settings
- Then, you will need to scroll down to get to the Integrate Calendar section, right-click on the secret address in iCal format, and select the Copy
- After that, in your Outlook program, you will need to go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- Click on the New option on the Internet Calendars tab and paste the address which you copied in Step 3 by pressing CTRL + V key on your keyboard. Then, simply click on the Add
- Now, in the Folder Name box, you will need to type the name of the calendar as you wish to make it appear in Outlook and click on the OK
Now, when you will start your Outlook program, it will check the Google Calendar for updates, and download the changes accordingly. In case you keep Outlook open, it will checks for updates periodically.
To Import a Calendar from Google Calendar
- Sign in to your Google Calendar account and click on the My calendars option located in the left-hand side column.
- Next, you will need to click on the arrow button located next to the Calendar which you wish to import into Outlook and then click on the Calendar Settings
- Then, go to Private Address, click ICAL option and select the web address of the calendar in the Calendar Address dialog box.
- When prompted, you will need to click on the Open option to import the calendar into Outlook.
- This way, the calendar will open in side-by-side view in the Outlook Calendar. It will also be added to the Navigation Pane in Calendar view under Other Calendars.
NOTE: The calendar you will import using these steps will be a static snapshot of your Google Calendar. You will need to repeat this process periodically to keep your Google calendar up-to-date in Outlook.
So, this is how you can sync your Google Calendar with Outlook.