In order to give your more convenient for accessing your all emails account at a single place, Outlook offers multiple mailboxes; so you can access your other emails apart from Outlook can also get in the same inbox. This enables an Outlook user to get access to Yahoo mail account emails in your inbox, without signing in to your Yahoo account.
Yahoo users are glad about the ease of use of their Yahoo Mail inbox as this is very much simple to use interface. You just need to create or Yahoo sign up and get the account. Yahoo has a strong presence due to the extremely amazing features with ease of use.
We all are so sure about the security of our Yahoo Mail account and we don’t ever have thought of some hacking activity on it; isn’t that a myth. Sometimes, your account gets hacked and you don’t have a clue about it; your personal information gets compromised. Maybe your hacker can use your account for some illegal activities that are criminal offenses. So you must be aware of your recent Yahoo login activity.
How to Check Recent Yahoo Login Activity of Your Account?
This is really scary when you don’t find your account is safe or could be misused by someone else. The only solution is to keep a track of your account and its activities, so whenever you find something suspicious; you can immediately take some action and protect it. This is really helpful when a hacker is using your Yahoo account for some illegal activities.
There are multiple ways to get a check on your recent Yahoo Mail activities. We are sharing the step by step guide for each method. You just need to follow the steps carefully and get the things done.
Method 1 – Check the recent activity of Yahoo account using a Web browser
Start with opening a web browser on your desktop computer or mobile device and login into your Yahoo mail account
Now, click on settings option and choose”Account Info“
After that, move to the Recent activity page and review it
Method 2 – Check the recent activity of Yahoo account using Yahoo Mobile app
Start with your mobile phone’s home screen
Then, tap on the Menu icon
In case, you are using the Yahoo Mail app, then you need to tap on Manage Accounts option
After that, tap on the Account info button
Finally, tap on Recent activity option to get a clear understanding of your Yahoo! Mail account
Method 3 – Check the recent activity of Yahoo account using Flicker Mobile app
Start with your mobile phone’s home screen
Then, go to the Flicker app
Here, you need to tap on the Profile icon
After that, tap on the Settings icon
And then tap on ManageAccounts
Here, go for Accountinfo and tap on it
And your final step is to tap on Recent activity button
You can use any of these methods to get a review of your Yahoo Mail account activities and this will give you whether you need to change the security settings and make it stronger or not.
Note – In case, you find anything suspicious; you can take help by using the level two securities as Yahoo Account Key or Two-Step Verification.
Communication has been improved a lot in the recent past, in fact when Post has been replaced with Email. This is the perfect way to exchange messages between people using electronic devices and the internet. And, then Yahoo! Mail introduced as a great email service provider among internet users.
Yahoo as one of the leading email service providers is also a popular and most used email service. Yahoo users always praise about its ease of use and error-free services. Yet, this is not that full-proof way to access your Yahoo account. Yes, there could be some errors and issues while using it; this could be possible due to some external factors and ignorance by the user.
When there is some issue with your Yahoo Mail account due to some external factors or something when there is no issue with Yahoo’s end rather on the user’s end; you will experience Yahoo mail temporary errors. These are temporary as their name suggests; they will last for a few minutes to hours and get fixed automatically.
Generally, Yahoo mail users don’t need to make any efforts to resolve these temporary errors. This requires users to wait for a while to get the error fixed; there is no fixed time to get it fixed, but Yahoo proposed 12 hours to 24 hours. Depending upon the issue and criticality, it will take time.
What is Yahoo Mail Error Code 2?
Mailbox Open Failed
When you get this error reflecting on your computer screen; you should wait, if you can and time allows you. The error is temporary and will fix automatically; well this is not the solution, if you don’t have time and want to use your account instantly.
The instant fix of your Yahoo Mail Error Code 2 is to use this quick guide. This is the Yahoo expert’s solution. You can use it and get rid of the error instantly.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail Error Code 2
The first step is to sign out of your Yahoo Mail account on all desktop and mobile devices you are using
And, now make sure you are using a supported Web browser and operating system (OS) as this is one of the basic system requirement
Now, clear your web browser’s cache, history, and temporaryfiles
After that, restart your web browser
And, now you can sign back into Yahoo Mail to see if the error is gone
It is always better to get your all emails in one place. And Outlook is the best third party email program which helps you to stay organized. If you want to configure Yahoo Mail account with Outlook 2013, then there are two procedures; one is to configure it with IMAP and the other is with POP.
Steps to Configure Yahoo Mail Account with Outlook 2013 with POP:
1. Sign in to the Yahoo account.
2. Click on the gear icon to view the drop-down menu from where you have to select Mail Options
3. Select the POP and Forwarding from the left side menu
4. Now select the option Access YahooMail via POP. Now choose the best option according to your needs.
5. Now click Save
6. Now open Outlook from your computer.
7. Open the File menu, and then go to the Info tab and click on AddAccount.
8. In the Add Account Window, click Manualsetup or additional server types
9. Now click Next
10. You will be redirected to the Choose Service window, where you have to select POP or IMAP.
11. In the next window, you can see POP and IMAP Account Settings. You need to fill the boxes with your username and address under the User Information section. You need to select POP3 under Server Information.
The incoming mail server should be pop.mail.yahoo.com and the outgoing server should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Now complete the Login Information with your Yahoo email id and password.
12. Click MoreSettings.
13. A new window will appear in Internet Email Settings where you have to choose the Outgoing Server. You need to check the box namely ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Now select the third tab Advanced. Incoming Server (POP3) = 995 Outgoing Server (SMTP) = 465 or 587
14. Check “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection (SSL)” and choose SSL/TSL or Auto from the drop-down menu. Now click OK and then Test Email Accounts. Now select Automatically Test Account Settings when Next is clicked. Click Next to send the test mail and then Finish.
15. Restart Outlook2013 and click Send/Receive All Folders.
Steps to Configure Yahoo Mail Account with Outlook 2013 with IMAP:
To configure with IMAP, you need to follow the same steps 1-10 of POP protocol
11. In the Window called POP and IMAP Account Settings, fill-up the form User Information and select IMAP in Server Information. The incoming mail server should be imap.mail.yahoo.com and the outgoing server should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Complete your Login Information and click More Settings.
12. Now in the Internet Email Settings window, select the second tab and check the box for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
13. Now select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”, and in Advanced tab check “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection (SSL)”. Now Enter “995” for the Incoming server (IMAP), Enter “465” or “587” for the Outgoing Server (SMTP) and Choose “SSL/TSL” or “Auto” from the drop-down menu.
14. Now click OK and send a Test email to Finish the process.
Unable to send or receive an email in Yahoo can be quite frustrating. With the help of some of the basic troubleshooting skills, you can get rid of such a situation. Remember, Yahoomail is completely based on the web browser as a result; it might be possible that there is something wrong with your internet browser.
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Send and Receive Issue:
It may sound funny but the speed of your internet connection plays a vital role. If the speed is slow or connection has latency then you won’t be able to access Yahoo Mail properly. Ensure a fast but stable internet connection with no latency.
You must use the latest version of the Internet browser. Clear the cookies, cache, and the entire browsing history of the browser. If in the case, it doesn’t work uninstall the browser and reinstall it and try again.
Extensions and Add-ons:
It might be possible that the browser extension or add-ons you just installed is restricting the Yahoo Mail as a result; you aren’t able to send or receive emails. Disable the extensions and add-ons then try again. It shall work perfectly fine.
Firewall, Proxy & VPN:
Unfortunately, Yahoo doesn’t work properly if you have installed any firewall or using proxy settings, VPN, etc. Disable them and try to send or receive an email. Don’t forget to restart your system before you access Yahoo Mail.
On the other hand, it might also be possible that your Yahoo mail account is blocked by the recipient. Confirm from the recipient whether they have blocked your Yahoo address by mistake or not. You must check the spam folder and ask your recipient to do the same. Meanwhile, delete all the filters if you have recently added or created any. Try to send an email and it shall work fine.
If you are trying to accessing your Yahoo account with any email client, try to access it outside. If you don’t get any error then there is something wrong with the email client. If you get the error then you will have to fix it before you access it again. Remove your Yahoo account from the client and re-add it then try to send or ask any of your recipients to send you an email. It shall work perfectly fine.